In HIS Story of the 20th Century, a Living Book Textbook, each chapter starts with a fictional snapshot to give you a taste of life in that decade. You will not only discover people, events, inventions, and breakthroughs of the 20th Century, you will be inspired in your faith because the Lord was moving in the 20th Century, just as he still is today.
If you want to go beyond the facts, to discover the stories and people, this is the course for you! You will learn the what, where, when, why, and how of major and minor events in the 20th Century.
Each chapter includes a history lab to explore the 20th Century in a fun way.
Written for middle school, high school, and adults, there is a Middle School Workbook and a High School Workbook available, as well as answer keys for each workbook. We even added a cookbook, HIS Story of the 20th Century Cookbook.
Come explore the 20th century with me!
You will learn about…
- Presidents, prime ministers, kings, queens, and other leaders who changed the world
- Revolutions, movements, revivals, rulings, & laws whose impact we feel today
- Boxer Rebellion, Boer war, Balkan Wars, World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, Cold War, Persian Gulf War
- Reese Howells, Derek Prince, Corrie ten Boom, Jim & Elisabeth Eliot, Billy Graham, and others who fulfilled the Great Commission
- Explorations from the North Pole to outer space
- Inventors, scientists, architects, doctors, explorers, & engineers who fulfilled the Creation Mandate
- Medical breakthroughs
- How the chaos in the Middle East got started
- What happened in the Balkans that led to World War I
- Why the Vietnam War was so Hard to Win
- Where Communist leaders were trained
- Inventions that made life better and others that brought destruction
- Styles/Changes in fashion, music, dances, art, sports, games, toys, & technology
- World Series, World Cup, Super Bowls, NASCAR, Grand Prix
And so much more!
At the beginning of the 20th Century, men were still getting around on horses, excited about new inventions like the telegraph, telephone, sewing machine, and light-bulb. The Panama Canal was built. The North and South Poles were explored, and it was easier to travel than ever before. And can you believe it? The Wright brothers invented the airplane!
By the end of the 20th century, men would walk on the moon, travel at the speed of sound, use compact home computers, and enjoy the benefits of satellite communication.
Times sure changed in the 20th century! That’s what makes it so fun to study. Be sure to purchase HIS Story of the 20th Century today and don’t forget the workbooks and cookbook. Enjoy!
Series: HIS Story of the 20th Century
Author: Meredith Curtis
Publisher: Powerline Productions
Pdf: 572 pages (Downloadable e-book file)
Age/Grade: High School, Middle School, Adults