High school course Career Choices & The College Decision presents a Christ-centered approach to making decisions because God has a plan for every teen’s life. It is a good plan. Teens discover the Lord’s call and purpose for their lives. Then we’re off on a journey of career exploration.
As part of our journey, we look at the college question. While college is necessary for many careers, it is not the only option. This 1-semester course helps teens make the college decision with their parents. If your teen does choose the college path, there is a clear roadway laid out to prepare student for a successful debt-free college experience.
High school course Career Choices & The College Decision walks teens and parents through the adventure of making choices about possible careers and what college to apply for, if any at all.
Our Adventure Includes:
- Interview people about their careers
- Host a career panel
- Free online personality assessments with suggested careers
- Free online skills and interests assessments with suggested careers
- Write a Life Mission Statement
- Gain insight and experience through ministry and internship
Once we have a good list of potential careers, it’s time to research them further with the Occupational Outlook Handbook to learn more about the work involved, education required, workplace, salary, and growth forecast for the years ahead. Updated each year by the federal government, the Occupational Outlook Handbook is a free online resource.
High school course Career Choices & The College Decision walks teens and parents through the adventure of making choices about possible careers and what college to apply for, if any at all by presenting other options such as apprenticeship, trade schools, and entrepreneurship.
Topics Covered in Career Choices & The College Decision
- The Call on Your Life
- How to Choose a Career
- Your Ministry
- God’s Call for Your Career & Ministry
- FW Podcast Interviews on Careers
- Apprenticeship, Collage & Other Pathways to a Career
- The College Question
- Dark Side of the World of Academia
- How to Choose a College
- High School Year Check List by Grade
- How to Host a Career Panel
- Career Exploration: Personality Assessment
- Career Exploration: Interests Assessments
- Pathways to Careers Examples
- College Majors & Careers
- Match Interests & Careers to Majors
- Potential College Majors and Careers
- Potential Technical Degrees and Careers
- Potential Apprenticeships and Careers
- Career Exploration: Careers You Like I
- Career Exploration: Careers You Like II
- The College Application Process & Going to College Debt-Free
- Discuss College Years with Mom & Dad
- Prepare for Life