If you are committed to raising sons who value purity and live a victorious Christian life, Real Men 102: Freedom, Courtship, Marriage, & Family is just the tool you need! With a combination of Bible study and memorization, living books, practical assignments, and mentoring, young men will look at God’s plan for marriage and family. They will also talk to couples to learn about reality–how different couples seek to apply biblical principles to their own marriage.
There is also time for practical planning. Guys will list what qualities they want in a wife based on what the Lord esteems. They will also come up with their own set of standards for their conversation and relationships.
This course also works in a homeschool co-op setting and there is a similar course for young women, God’s Girls 103: Courtship, Marriage, & The Christian Family. We have actually used this is a group setting with a man and woman teaching together. Sometimes the girls and guys were together and sometimes separated. There are some fun group activities if you go this direction that teach about the differences between men and women, as well as how to work together as a team.
With so many marriages ending in divorce and so many “Christian” singles indulging in sexual sin, here is a great way to prepare for a Christ-honoring marriage.
Your sons will…
- Complete Scripture assignments
- Complete Real Men Talk about Freedom, Girls, & Marriage Bible Study
- Memorize I Thessalonians 4:1-12
- Read living books and inspirational classics that will impact their walk with the Lord
- Enjoy hands-on projects
- Create a “How To Be A Good Husband & Daddy” booklet for little children
- Interview 7 couples and write an article on the interview
- Write an essay on purity
- Write an essay on how to be a good husband
- Complete a wife inner quality chart
- Write an essay: a Christian family is…”
- Plan a family night
- Interview your family members
- Evaluate your family with Dad
- Come up with standards of behavior for self with girls
- Meet with Dad once a week for discussion, clarification, and prayer
Your sons will learn about…
- Role of wife
- Role of husband
- Differences between men and women
- How different couples apply biblical principles of marriage
- Purposeful pathways to marriage
- How to be a blessing to your wife
- God’s blueprint for marriage
- God’s blueprint for family
- Ways to lead a family thrive
- How a family can serve God together
- Family nights
- Character in a man that God esteems
- Character in a woman that God esteems
Pastor Mike and Meredith use the Holy Bible and other living books to teach life skills and prepare their teenagers to be joyful and successful adults with healthy relationships. Originally designed for their children, and later for close friends and church members, this course and the entire series uses the mentoring style of teaching. Dads meet once a week for mentoring time with their sons. The goal of this course and the entire series is to prepare teens to live godly lives now and in the future when they are adults working, studying, enjoying marriage, and parenting their own children.
You will need to purchase, borrow, or download the following books:
- Real Men Talk about Freedom, Girls, & Marriage Bible Study by Pastor Mike & Meredith Curtis
- Passion & Purity by Elisabeth Eliot
- When God Writes Your Love Storyby Eric & Leslie Ludy
- Sex is Not the Problem (Lust Is) by Joshua Harris
- I Kissed Dating Good-bye by Joshua Harris
- If Only He Knew by Gary Smalley
- Man in the Mirror by Patrick Morley
- The Christian Family by Larry Christenson
- Husbands & Fathers by Derek Prince
- It Takes a Gentleman & A Lady by Eric Ludy
Purchase the Print Book, Real Men 102: Feedom, Courtship Marriage, & Family, on Amazon.com.