If you are committed to raising daughters who value virtue and live a victorious Christian life, God’s Girls 103: Courtship, Marriage, & The Christian Family is just the tool you need! With a combination of Bible study and memorization, living books, practical assignments, and mentoring, young ladies will look at God’s plan for marriage and family. They will also talk to couples to learn about reality–how different couples seek to apply biblical principles to their own marriage.
There is also time for dreaming and soul-searching. Girls will list what qualities they want in a husband based on what the Lord esteems. They will also come up with their own set of standards for their conversation and relationships.
This course also works in a homeschool co-op setting and there is a similar course for young men, Real Men 102: Freedom, Courtship, Marriage, & Family. We have actually used this is a group setting with a man and woman teaching together. Sometimes the girls and guys were together and sometimes separated. There are some fun group activities if you go this direction that teach about the differences between men and women, as well as how to work together as a team.
Your daughters will…
- Complete Scripture assignments
- Complete God’s Girls Talk about Guys, Virtue, & Marriage Bible Study
- Memorize I Thessalonians 4:1-12
- Read living books and inspirational classics that will impact their walk with the Lord
- Enjoy hands-on projects
- Create a “How To Be A Good Wife & Mommy” booklet for little children
- Interview 7 couples and write an article on the interview
- Write an essay on purity
- Write an essay on how to be a good wife
- Complete a husband inner quality chart
- Write an essay: a Christian family is…”
- Plan a family night
- Interview your family members
- Evaluate your family with mom
- Come up with standards of behavior for self with guys
- Meet with Mom once a week for discussion, clarification, and prayer
Your daughters will learn about…
- Role of wife
- Role of husband
- Differences between men and women
- How different couples apply biblical principles of marriage
- Purposeful pathways to marriage
- How to be a blessing to your husband
- God’s blueprint for marriage
- God’s blueprint for family
- Ways to help a family thrive
- How a family can serve God together
- Family nights
- Character in a man that God esteems
- Character in a woman that God esteems
Pastor Mike and Meredith use the Holy Bible and other living books to teach life skills and prepare their teenagers to be joyful and successful adults with healthy relationships. Originally designed for their children, and later for close friends and church members, this course and the entire series uses the mentoring style of teaching. Moms meet once a week for mentoring time with their daughters. The goal of this course and the entire series is to prepare teens to live godly lives now and in the future when they are adults working, studying, enjoying marriage, and parenting their own children.
Aside from God’s Girls 101: Grow in Christ and your Bible, you will need to purchase, borrow, or download the following books:
- God’s Girls Talk about Guys, Virtue, & Marriage Bible Study by Meredith Curtis
- Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Eliot
- When God Writes Your Love Story by Eric & Leslie Ludy
- Sex is Not the Problem (Lust Is) by Joshua Harris
- I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris
- For Better or Best by Gary Smalley
- Creative Counterpart by Linda Dillow
- The Christian Family by Larry Christenson
- L’Abri by Edith Schaeffer
- It Takes a Gentleman and a Lady by Eric Ludy
Purchase the Print Book, God’s Girls 103: Courtship, Marriage, and the Christian Family, on Amazon.com.
Purchase the eBook right here! Scroll up!
You can also purchase the eBook at PayHip.com or TeachersPayTeachers.com.
There are no reviews yet.