Carrot cake tastes so yummy! It’s a favorite at our house for desert after our Easter Sunday feast, but tastes good any time of the year.
Years ago, I was visiting a high school friend and had a slice of her mother’s delicious carrot cake. I asked for the recipe and have been making it for years now!
I make it from scratch and frost it with cream cheese icing.
Here are the recipes for the carrot cake and the cream cheese frosting.
Carrot Cake Ingredients
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Oil
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 Cups Grated Carrots
Carrot Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350̊F.
- Grease and flour 3 round cake pans.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Add each egg one at a time and mix well.
- Add carrots and stir until mixed in.
- Divide batter up and pour into 3 round cake pans.
- Bake at 350̊F for 25 minutes.
- Frost between layers and over tops and sides with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1 Pound Powdered Sugar
- 1 8 oz. Package Cream Cheese
- 1 Stick Butter, melted
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Cup Coconut
- 1 Cup Pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- Melt butter and add sugar; beat until smooth.
- Add cream cheese and beat again until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Frost cake on tops and sides, putting cake all together.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans on top of the cake.